Come out and support the Riverbank Neighbors Fundraiser! This group of volunteers, including past COS president Sigrid Schmidt, has worked over many years to improve bird habitat along the east side of the North Branch of the Chicago River, north of Irving Park. Enjoy craft beers at their fundraiser on Monday July 24 at Half Acre Beer Company.
Help us restore and preserve LaBagh by supporting our ongoing work there! Read about the project's history here.
LaBagh Woods is home to:
- more than 40 breeding bird species
- another 150 migrating bird species
- more than a half dozen very rare plants
- a butterfly long thought gone in Cook County
- two unexpected dragonfly species
- some of the oldest and most stately oaks in all of the Cook County Forest Preserve system.
Donate or get your hands dirty and pitch in. Look for work days posted on our calendar throughout the year.
COS and the birds at LaBagh thank you!
Click the image at left to make a donation.
Latest Blog Posts
We warmly appreciate any contributions to support our conservation and education efforts. Read about our work under the Actions tab above and reasons to support our organization in the Membership tab.